- 6 cups of yucca/ cassava (peeled)
- 1/2 lb ground beef (vegan beyond meat)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (vegan so delicious )
- 1/8 cup parmesan (vegan parmesan)
- 2/3 cup butter (vegan butter earth balance)
- 1 egg (vegan egg (plant-based)
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp curry
- 3 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- Peel yucca and cut in strips.
- Place in a pot with water and 2 tbsp salt, 1tbsp curry, 1tsp oregano, 1tsp cumin and 8 cloves of garlic with the lid.
- Turn the stove to medium heat for approximately 20 minutes or until the yucca begins to soften, but should not overcook.
- Strain out the liquid, keeping the yucca and garlic cloves. Allow yucca to cool for 10 minutes, the yucca should be handled at the maximum heat you can tolerate.
- Shred the yucca and garlic cloves using a grater, removing the hard spiny centers from the yucca as you go.
- Add 1/8th cup of parmesan, 1 egg, butter and 1tsp salt.
- Form 10 balls of similar size with the yucca mix. Cook and season the meat to your liking. Flatten the yucca balls in your hand and add a spoonful of meat and/or mozzarella cheese in the center.
- Close in the yucca mix around the meat, as to form a sort of empanada.
- In a pot, add frying oil, enough to completely encase the Enyucado when placed inside.
- Turn the stove to high until the oil reaches 330 Fahrenheit. Cook for approximately 7 minutes, or until brown and crispy. You can enjoy them as is, or accompany with salad, Pico de gallo or guacamole.
- Once the Enyucado ball is formed and before frying, the Enyucados can be frozen and ready to fry and enjoy at anytime. Enjoy!
Share with us by using hashtag #homewithcaravan 🍽