Mother’s Day is May 12 – and it’s the ideal opportunity to remember that being a mom is seriously one of the hardest and most important jobs in the world! It almost seems silly to recognize moms on only one day out of the year, but in any case, it’s prime time to show mom some serious appreciation.
Whether you’re getting a gift for a mother in your life or you’re a mom yourself, we want to share a recipe for a DIY Himalayan and Lavender Bath Salt. So put on some relaxing music (here’s a playlist we recommend) and make a little detox beverage using lemon, cucumber, and honey in hot water — because this is an occasion for chilling out.
- 1.5 cups of Himalayan pink salt
- Approximately 15 drops of lavender essential oil
- 1/2 cup (or a handful) of dried lavender
- Add the lavender essential oil into the Himalayan salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the dried flowers into the bowl and mix.
- Pour into air-tight jars.
- Store in a dry cool place.
The finely ground Himalayan salt exfoliates dead skin, and the lavender essential oil has a calming aromatherapy effect — making this a surefire recipe for smooth skin and stress relief, all in one.